Saturday 10 October 2009

Key Found



Lailia Tov:

Well, Mark called @ 9:38 last night. Which was 6:00am where he is. I can actually set my new cell-phone to the time where he is stationed.

His voice was alittle husky last night; it's the dust in the air. Plus he is surrounded by mountains. And I can't get into more than that, lest something in my describetion get away his location.

He is serving the the company, lest we run into the same problems we did with AT&T the last time.

The unit is happy to have him back; he is badly needed.

And he told me where the key was; one of the end pockets, wrapped in one of his kippahs.

Once we spoke, I was able to sleep.

It's just that knowing he is ok.

So the next few days he is training for his new duties. And is as safe as one can be on a Army Camp in Afganistan.

I just had a bowl of Knox Kosher Chicken and Pasta soup. Not bad for a package soup. In fact, it was pretty good. It is a bit chilly here and the warm soup just hit the spot.

Tomorrow I plan to treat myself to Starbucks. Walk around a bit. Get some fresh air.

But tonight, another bowel of soup and a good book.

Nite all.

3 comments:

Marty said...

Hi Laini,
Good news that Mark arrived safely. You know, there is kind of an amusing typo in your post that made me do a double-take. You mentioned that you just ate a bowel of chicken soup. At first, I took you literally (I've been in Taiwan, where they really do eat chicken bowels) ... but then -- fortunately -- I realized you must mean bowl, right?!? I hope so, for your sake!!
Best,
Marty

Unknown said...

Oops! Me and misspells :) Yes, Marty is suppose to be bowl.

betty said...

I'm so glad you heard from Mark, Laini, and that he told you where the key was!

that soup sounds good; I'll have to check it out

(please let me know if it is okay to write to Mark and send him goodies now and then; Koda would enjoy doing that :)

betty