Sunday 25 October 2009

The Kite Runner


When it is dark enough, you can see the stars.
A Persian Proverb.

Lailia Tov:
Tonight I begin the Kite Runner.
After Three Cups of Tea, it is one of the books that is required reading for the Army.
I recieved Three Cups of Tea from a friend during Mark's last deployment. What stuck was how much Greg Mortenson is alike, even down to being big guys. Of course my big guy is blonde. But they both have that same, compassion, caring spirit. Like Greg, Mark even saw two schools started in Iraq.
When Mark came home, I gave him my copy to read. And while he was at Fort Dix, he did get to read it, along with the Kite Runner and The BookSeller of Kabul.
After finishing The Chroncles of Narina during the time I was recovering from the flu, I knew it was time to begin these two books.
Opening the book, I enter my husband's world and it makes me feel closer to him.
I will be posting as I read, sharing the insights. Mark loved these two books and I know I shall.
My tea is ready.
Night all.

1 comment:

betty said...

I heard the Kite Runner was a very powerful book, Laini; I know it will be of great benefit to you

betty