Friday 21 November 2008

And So It Begins

Boka Tov (Good Morning)
I awoke this morning feeling better than I had in days. Mark and i had to switch sides of the bed so I can do my morning stretches. I mention to Mark I hadn't been sleeping well and he said my side of the bed might be too soft. Since we have an adjustable bed, we can change the numbers to suit pressure points. So Mark adjusted the bed and I slept much better.
Since one of my morning stretches is I have to place my right feet onto the floor and I sleep on the left, this means for the next two weeks I will be sleeping on Mark's side of the bed.
The first stretch was fine, but when I Laid my leg down, I screamed. The cramp rean from my lower back, hip and into the leg. I couldn't move to do the stretch to work out the cramp. Mark got the heating pad and we had to warm up my right leg before I could continue.
Let's just say I wasn't a happy camper this morning and sadly the mood wasn't very nice in our happy little home for a few hours.
Frankly we are both scared of what this could mean and once we faced it-together-we were able to confront our feelings and now face whatever this is together.
So we are picking up the apartment and getting ready to make forty pounds of mash pototoes.
Why forty pounds of mash pototoes? We are celebrating my niece becoming Bat Mitzvah tomorrow and she asked for Aunt Laini's Mashies.
So when Mark gets home from picking up the Challah and Starbucks (he says its a Starbucks morning; he likes to live) he goes on KP.

4 comments:

Beth said...

Oh, that sounds painful. I hope the cramp was just a freak occurrence, and that you can continue with your exercises.

Hugs, Beth

Marty said...

Hi Laini,
I'm sorry to hear about your cramp ... it sounds like maybe it's related to the condition you've been describing. I hope you get better soon.
Best,
Marty

betty said...

you are a good aunt to make 40 pounds of mashed potatoes for your niece's special day!!! I know she'll enjoy it!!!

sorry about that cramp! sounds deadly and very painful!

I've heard of those beds you have; never knew anyone who had one

hoping everything goes well this weekend

betty

betty said...

good morning Laini/Mark; I left you an award on my journal; come see me when you can :)

betty