Tuesday 4 November 2008

Mazol Tov, Mr. Obama

Shalom;
The people have spoke.
Tonight history was made.
Barack Obama Wins Presidential Election.
Mazol Tov.
It is a time of celebration; whether you voted for Mr.Obama or not.
As a woman of colour, I am indeed proud of how far our country has come that in my own life time, we now have a African- American as President.
True, Mr.Obama was not our choice, but Mark and I will not take away from Mr.Obama and his family this victory.
As Mark said, Mr.Obama is now his boss and as an officer in the Military, he shall serve under him faithfully.
To our new President, Mark and I pray for him and his family, for those he appoint as staff as well as the healing of our nation.
It is my hope and prayer that we will put down our differences and work together to heal the wounds and put our country aright.
And while I doult Mr. Obama will ever read these words; Mazel Tov, sir.

4 comments:

Beth said...

Laini, I thought that Obama's speech was very good. When he spoke of the 106-year-old black woman who, when she was born, was not "qualified" to vote because of both her race and gender, I got very emotional.

I hope we all can focus on our country and on what is important and decide to move forward.

Love, Beth

Marty said...

Hi Laini,
Well said ... I think as a country we're at a crossroads and that tonight has been a very historic occasion!
Best,
Marty

Sage Ravenwood said...

Thank you dear friends for showing your true spirits in generously contending Obama as president. You have shown more grace and wisdom in this single entry than any other i've read of McCain supporters today. It's truly an honor to know you both, to be friends with you. (Hugs)Indigo

betty said...

beautiful words Laini; Mr. Obama was not my choice either, but as my president elect, he/family will be in my prayers; our country needs the Lord; others don't get it but I know you and Mark do; it doesn't matter who lives in the White House, it matters who sits on the throne; The Lord is our only hope in the days ahead

but I rejoice with you of the achievements of this "man of color"

betty