Thursday 6 November 2008

Leg Update



Shalom:

As many of you know, I had suffered from a major sinus inflection for several weeks. On the third doctor's visit, I was given Prensidone, a streiod. The doctor gave me a huge amount to shink the sinus tissue to allow the blockage to breakup and loosed. Well, I am nolonger suffering from the virus and my sinus passages are clear.

But the side affect of 460mgs of Predsidone was serve cramps, doing damage to the muscle and tissus of my right thigh. Since after my chanting the Torah last Shabbat, I have been on crutches.

Yesterday we saw the doctor. She feels that with medication, heat and PT in about a week's time, I should regain full use of my leg. They are also running test to not only see if the muscle, tissuse, and neves weren't damage, but to be sure my liver is ok too.

Just call me Grimadella.......

My crutches from breaking my ankle in 1999. These crutches have a history. I was an actress/dancer for almost 10 years in a local Passion Play called The Man Called Jesus, also known as The Play. One night, while filming (thankfully, there wasn't an audience that night) someone dropped a green grape and there was not light where I had to make my entrance. There was nothing for me to grab hold of to stop my fall. I am so thankful I was knocked out cold, for one of the guy (an EMT) reset the bone of my right ankle. I was on crutches for nine weeks. It was a clear break and I did not need surgrey. Since I would be on these crutches so long, I decided to have some fun with them....


Hey, I like stickers.....


Sometimes, you just have to smile......







5 comments:

Lisa said...

Goodness, that is awful about your leg. I am happy to hear you are all cleared up in the sinus department but your leg worries me. I'll be keeping you in Prayer that it isn't anything more serious than a reaction to the prednisone. Be careful on those crutches! You've got a million dollar smile!!
Take care of yourself.
xxx

Marty said...

Hi Laini,
I'm so sorry to hear about your leg. It's good that the doctor is taking every precaution.
Best,
Marty
P.S.: Cool Stickers ...!

Janis said...

Wow--I've never heard of that. I hope that it heals as quickly as the doctors predict! Love your positive attitude!

Janis

Beth said...

I was going to say that for being on crutches, you certainly have a big, lovely smile! I hope all will be well with your leg.

Beth

betty said...

what a pretty picture of you and your beautiful smile!!! sorry about the crutches though, but what a sense of humor for you to decorate your other ones

glad the sinus problems are over with

betty