Monday 3 November 2008

Love From Iraq Revisited

Shalom:
It is really chilly here in Virginia today.
I have been taking things easy because of my leg. I have a little more movement: I believe the ice helped. But we will see how I do the next few hours.
Mark has been out this afternoon; amoung his running about is getting another sign for the porch. And this time I am duck taping it to the pole.
So, I have been working on putting my backup files on the journal, Love From Iraq. This journal the time from when we first recieved the news Mark was being deployed until his return home in July 2008. This is also journal where I met so many of you; our readers and friends. Once that is updated, I will work on finishing We Made Our Own Huppah.
I hope you will take a moment to read thoughs journals as well. (I hate the word blog and refuse to use it!) I have added some more pictures to both.
There is also an all night prayer service where we use to go to church as well as prayer all day tomorrow.
We are going tonight and tomorrow after we vote.
And despite your political stance, I would ask that you keep Senator Obama and his family in prayer: his grandmother died a few hours ago.
Knowing the precious gift of a grandmother, he and his family are in our prayers at this time of mourning.

4 comments:

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I just read your entry and wasn't aware Obama's grandmother had died. How sad for him . I won't be going to a prayer service but I will be praying tomorrow.
'On Ya'-ma

natalie said...

Gee I am stunned.
My Deepest Condolences to the Obama family for the loss of his grandmother.
Whata beautiful entry Laini
love,natalie

Beth said...

I heard this afternoon about Obama's grandmother. I'm so sorry that she wasn't able to see what happens tomorrow. I'm sure it will be a bittersweet day for him tomorrow.

Hugs, Beth

betty said...

I am keeping Mr. Obama/family in my prayers during this sad time with the loss of his grandmother

I hope your leg feels better soon Laini

hope it also warms up a bit, but I know it is that time of year

betty