Thursday 13 November 2008

Tis The Season.

Shalom;
Beth wrote the following in her jounral todayInfection Connection .
I have say 'well done.'
Tis the season: flu season. And if you haven't recieved your shots, do so. I have a chronic lung disease, so my doctor makes sure I recieve my shots.
I also know how deadly the Flu can be.
When I was six months old, I had the flu and almost died from the disease.
In 2002, I lost a dear friend, a woman who was very much a mum to me, to the Flu. She was in her 70s.
So the Flu is nothing to play with.
So please, if you have not recieved the Flu shot, do so. The life you save may be your own.

4 comments:

Beth said...

Thanks for the linky, Laini!

I'm sorry to hear of the loss of your friend. I think a lot of people forget that the flu can be deadly, so I try to remind everyone. I don't want to sound preachy, but it's important! I was happy to hear that both of my parents have already gotten their flu shots.

Love, Beth

Lisa said...

I had never taken the flu seriously until recent years. I don't get a flu shot but I do try to take more vitamins over the winter, so far I've been lucky.

betty said...

such a timely reminder Laini; so sorry about your friend you lost from the flu and your sickness with it when you were much younger

we have gotten flu shots pretty faithfully over the years except for the one year (probably 4 years ago where there was a shortage), otherwise I make sure we all get one; they do work; I used my son as a "guinea pig" the first year we got one; my daughter has asthma so it was important for her to get one; the doctor said my son at 10 it was my call if I wanted him to get one; I said "we'll pass" since he was healthy and it wouldn't affect him as bad as my daughter. He got the flu; no one else did in our family. The next year he got a flu shot and it convinced me the shots really do work.

betty

Marty said...

Hi Laini,
Good idea!
Best,
Marty