Wednesday 5 November 2008

The Center of Our Lives

1 Timothy 2:1-2: "I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men; 2 For kings, ( this includes Presidents)and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty. "

Boka Tov;
Throughout this election season, I kept hearing about those of us of faith, who chose is influence greatly by their religious beliefs. For many, religion, right or wrong is the only factor.
I am cannot speak for others, nor would I dare to. I can only speak for Mark and I.
Our G-d, our Faith, G-d's Word, the Holy Scriptures are the center of our home, our hearts, our marriage. Torah is the guiding force in our lives. It isn't something we slip on and off like a cloak; it is who we are.
And so is prayer.
From the time I was a child and taught to pray, I was taught to pray for whoever was President of the Untied States. That G-d would grant him wisdom to lead this great nation.
Presidents Kenndey, Johnson, Nixon, Ford, Carter, Reagan, Bush I, Clinton, Bush II, and now Mr.Obama.
Last night, before we went to bed, we prayed for President Bush, as we always do. But this night, we included President Elect Obma and his family.
This morning, they were included in our prayers.
That is what we, who's faith and beliefs govern our lives, do.



2 comments:

~Rebecca Anne~ said...

The thing I find the most beautiful about Religion is prayer. There is true power in prayer, for anyone and everyone, and I'm grateful you pray the way you do.

Rebecca

betty said...

and I will be joining you praying for our new president elect

betty