Thursday 20 November 2008

Not Good New

Shalom:
Well, I had my first view with P.T.
It isn't good news. It turns out the pain and cramps in my leg is coming from my right hip. It appears that the Presidone affected the hip joint and may have begun to wear it away. We are going ahead with P.T. But working with the hip first. I also have home stretches I am to do before I go to sleep and get up in the morning.
If there is no improvement or worse pain, I am being send back to the doctor for an x-ray.
We are believeing that the P.T will work.
Along with Prayer.
We stopped at Starbucks to have a coffee and treat.
It made me feel better. We decided that we are going to take this thing one day at a time and Thank G-d for our blessing instead of whining.
But I was handed back my crutches. I am back on restricted activity.
That's why I needed Starbucks.
As my late friend Phil Insoe would say as he would shake his head: "Your life...."

4 comments:

Beth said...

I hope the therapy works for you, Laini. Keep with it!

Hugs, Beth

Marty said...

Hi Laini,
I'm so sorry to hear this ... how very aggravating to hear that a drug prescribed by a doctor might have done some damage like this. I don't know all the details of your situation so it's tough to comment, but personally I have less and less faith in the standard "here's-a-drug-for-your-symptoms-call-me-in-the-morning" approach of many Western doctors.
Best,
Marty

betty said...

oh I'm so sorry Laini; certainly not the news you were hoping to get; but its good that they can do some stuff first without having to think of other alternatives; so do keep up with the therapy like Beth said

isn't it wonderful how Starbucks can make any situation look a little better?

will keep you in my prayers

betty

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

One day at a time and celebrating it is what is important. Before you know it everything will be just fine. Take care! 'On Ya'-ma