Friday 10 October 2008

A Day T Remember

'If we ever forget that we're one nation under God,
then we will be a nation gone under.'
- Ronald Reagan

Yesterday was Yom Kippur, The Shabbaats of Shabbats.
It is a day where we do not work. But, we also do not eat or drink water. No bathing, makeup, perfumes, body oils. It is the Day we afflict our souls.

From Rosh Hashanah (Jewish New Year) until the night before Yom Kippur, we are to make things right, if possiable between ourselves and our fellowman.
But on Yom Kippur, it is between G-d each one of us. It is a dress rehearsal.
Like it or not, believe it or not, each one of us will one day die.
Like it or not, believe it or not, each one of us will face G-d and Judgement.
There is coming a Real Yom Kippur for each of us.
If you are a believer in the Holy One and obey His Torah(Word, Commandments) you have nothing to fear, for your name is written in the Book of Life.
It is not a Day we take lightly, but with reflection. But as the Day comes to a close, where the Books are closed for another year, and we hear that blast of the Shofar one last time... it is PARTY TIME! for we know we are at peace with G-d and Man.
And that is why we feast after the breaking of the fast with family and friends.


3 comments:

Joan said...

Have a great evening and a great feast. LOve Joan

Beth said...

I hope you and Mark had a wonderful and blessed holiday!

Beth

betty said...

this was a great entry Laini! you are so right; we will all stand in front of the Lord one day and give an accounting for our lives and only those whose names are written in the Book of Life will spend eternity with him

I have to apologize; I have been trying to get this new blog and alert things set up and I realized this morning I had forgotten to put this journal of yours on for me to follow so I haven't gotten notice that you had updated it; so once I realized my mistake, I added myself this morning and I'll try to catch on your entries this weekend :)

betty