Friday 24 October 2008

Our New Look

The very nice man who delievered our Dinning Set.
Our new DinningRoom. The other chairs will be delievered later.

I found a nice Autumn table cloth and this is it's first appearnace.....

The L-rd's Seat.
When I was a child, my mum would set the Dinningroom for Shabbat and all the Holidays. And Who sat at the Head of the table? Why the Head of home: G-d. Mummie always set a place for Him, to remind us that every good thing we have and enjoy comes from.
I have continued that tradition, but I cover the Chair of the Honoured Guest with a Prayer Shawl. And that is His place, Center in our home.
I remember Mark's sister asking about this tradition. I assured her I did not put food on His plate, nor did we expect Him to eat it. It was (and is) a reminder of in Who's Presence we are in.
And that He is most welcome in this home.





























4 comments:

Joan said...

Hi, your new furniture looks very nice but with the picture behind the photo of it makes it very difficult to see it properly. LOve Joan.

Beth said...

I like it! The chairs look very comfortable. I'm sure there will be many wonderful meals served there in the coming years!

Love, Beth

Sage Ravenwood said...

Love the new dining set. It brings a warmth to the room. (Hugs)Indigo

betty said...

the new table looks beautiful! I love how you set the table for the Lord; I know you don't expect him to eat, but you honor him by putting him at the center; and as you said, right where he should be

betty