Tuesday 28 October 2008

Thanks For The Support

http://www.hebrew4christians.com/Scripture/Parashah/Summaries/Noach/noach.html

Shalom.
Well we just got home and I am about to do a little studying before we go out for the evening.
Mark wishes to say thank you to all who have said I (Laini) will do fine this Shabbat. He tells me the same thing and glad to have backup. The above link is are the verses I shall be chanting and the teaching behind them.
We had a great time with Mark's folks. We were a little late, but still had fun at the new Starbucks.
Only a few months old, it replaces an old Firestation and very nice. Marty (I Heard it At Starbucks) you would love it. Right now, the only 'colour' is the walls. But given that this Starbucks is a few blocks from The Naval Hospital, I am sure some very interesting folk shall soon appear.
Tonight, we are going to a Banquet, given by Bethany Christian Adoption. The couple that is hosting a table was just about to start the adoption progress when they learned they were going to be blessed with a child.
I have been told that this agency is helpful to couples like Mark and myself who are willing to have children born of our 'heart' as well as of our bodies. We know several families who have used their services and all have been pleased.
Who knows, this just may be the answer we have been seeking.

3 comments:

natalie said...

dear Laini and Mark, you guys are so great! Imagine a husband who thanks people who support his wife! And I love the new format too!
I'm glad that you two had fun with Mark's parents and Iam so happy that you two are so happy!
love,natalie

Beth said...

There are so many children who NEED and WANT parents...I think it's wonderful that you are considering that option.

Love, Beth

betty said...

I'm so glad that you and Mark had a chance to go to this event with the Bethany adoption place; who knows what the Lord has in store for you and Mark; while I know that you and Mark would love a biological child, a child that needs a home and a Godly home like yours would be a blessing for you and a blessing for him/her

my 2 adopted ones have given me joy, happiness, and lots of heartache but that's part of parenthood,but a deeper relationship with the Lord; I wouldn't change it for anything

betty