Sunday 5 October 2008

Why?

While showing Mark what I had done on our new blog, we heard fighting upstairs. Not ever hearing this before, but knowing my upstairs neighor was ending her relationship with her friend, we both became rather concern. The yelling and things sounding like they were being tossed about.
I was to ask Mark if we should call the Police when my neighor came downstairs.
He had hit her and she did call the police.
Soon, he was on his way to jail.

Why? If we truly claim to love someone, do we hurt them? Why do men and women hit each other, even murder the one they love?
I am writing more to get this out of my system and then return to my beloved's arms.

I am so thankful.

3 comments:

Sage Ravenwood said...

Why indeed! It took me years to understand I was worth more than a fist that said it loved me. 6 years later...I ask myself the Why question alot. (Hugs)Indigo

Unknown said...

Having survived an abused marriage, I know how one hopes and prays things will change. Then have to find the strenght to leave.
But it is still hard to wrap my brain around this one.
Laini

Beth said...

Hi Laini, I thought I was "following" you but realized I wasn't. Here I am!

How sad about your neighbor. I was in an emotionally and verbally abusive relationship, too, and it was starting to verge on physical, but I got out before it got too serious. It's a terrible thing and it leaves scars, sometimes both mentally and physically.

I know it had to be especially upsetting for you to deal with that, having been in such a situation yourself. I hope you are feeling better now, and I hope your neighbor is getting some help in dealing with the situation.

Hugs, Beth