Sunday 26 October 2008

Pro-Life. By Choice



Pslam 139:13-16:
13. For you formed my inward parts;you knitted me together in my mother's womb.

14. I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works;

my soul knows it very well.

15. My frame was not hidden from you,when I was being made in secret, intricately woven in the depths of the earth.

16. Your eyes saw my unformed substance;in your book were written, every one of them,the days that were formed for me,when as yet there was none of them


There is a woman who during the 1930's, found at age 49, she was having a baby. Abortion of course at this time is illegal, but the doctor "knew someone" who could "rid" her of the "problem."
She said no, having the last of her children.
That child, a girl would grow up and become a career woman. She would meet a man, not the same colour or faith and have a relationship with him. When it was learned she was having a child, the man walked out the door, and only after the child was born, seeing her one time, walked again out the door and never looked back.
That child, a girl would grow up, become HealthCare Provider and Crafter. But at 16 years old, sadly due to being at the wrong place at the wrong time, with the wrong people, she was raped and found to be with child. Despite advise to abort, she carried the child, who is now a Chief in the Navy.
Her cousin would learn her last was baby would be a Down's child. She chose to reject doctor's advise and have the child.
The woman in the 1930's; my grandmother. Her last child; my mother.
Mummie chose to keep me when Daddy walked out on both of us.
And teenagers do stupid things and go places they should not. But my son was not a mistake. Nor just some mass of fresh that can be removed and tossed away like a growth or a tumor.
My cousin's son is now a young man and the happiest person I know.

But if Margerat Sanger had her way, my family line would have died with my mum.

Life; What a Wonderful Choice.

2 comments:

Marty said...

Hi Laini,
I don't know anyone who isn't "Pro Life." But life sure does get complicated when we try to force everyone into the same view.
Best,
Marty

Janis said...

I agree with you whole heartedly! How people can convince themselves that a life isn't worth living is beyond me!

Janis